A beautifully crafted exterior door is the eyes and soul of a home. Fibreglass doors create a distinct impression, add instant curb appeal and value to your property, offer durability, stability and are long-lasting. Fibreglass doors have a wood grain finish that truly resembles a wood door and is a superior alternative to wood doors since they won’t crack, splinter, swell, twist, bow or rot; also a durable alternative to steel as they won’t dent or rust.
A major characteristic of fibreglass doors is that they have approximately 5 times greater thermal insulation than a natural wood door. Whether you are looking for a fibreglass door with decorative glass or wrought iron, full glass, half glass or no glass, the professionals at Windows Plus Design will work with you to select a fibreglass door to suit your taste and accentuate your home’s architectural style.
- Strength – Energy efficient polyurethane foam core is securely bonded to fibreglass panel skins for superior thermal performance and added strength.
- Durability – Enjoy low maintenance and unsurpassed durability of fibreglass.
- Security – Full length laminated strand lumber (LSL) to provide solid reinforcement to the lock area of the door. Steel plate in frame reinforces strike area to help prevent jamb from splitting due to applied force.
- Construction – True square edge door construction featuring wider stiles provide increased durability and strength. Frame is made from hardwood or optional vinyl cladded jamb is available.
- Profile – Distinct raised panel moulding in Traditional, Rustic and Craftsman profile. Each mould is made with a select piece of Mahogany, Oak, Cherry or Fir to guarantee the authentic look and feel of real wood.
- Grain – Oak is known for its strength, durability and hardness. Cherry is an elegant premium hardwood. Mahogany grain offers a luxurious fine texture. Fir is exceptionally strong with a straight grain, available in Craftsman style panels only.
- Weather Tightness – Adjustable multi-finned sweep interconnects with crown of thermally broken black anodized sill to eliminate frost transfer. Q-Lon weather-stripping around frame resists wind, snow and rain.